DR. SHAWNTIA KEY
Dr. Key has expertise in strategic planning, program development, student advising, curriculum design, and intercultural competency. She has worked in higher education institutions, non-profits, and private organizations in the US and internationally. Her expertise in cultural competencies has allowed her to foster relationships based on trust by demonstrating an awareness and respect towards cultural differences and diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Dr. Key help teach me about US culture, history, and so many information! At first, I was nervous and worried about her class because I have never studied abroad and never taken a lecture with a teacher who isn’t Japanese. However, Dr. Key explained clearly and spoke slowly for us, so I gradually got used to it and I enjoyed the class 🙂 I can’t speak English frequently, but I’m so happy to take her class, but so sad to finish 🙁 I hope I can meet her again someday. — Student, Tohoku University (Japan)
- Dr. Key is one of the finest colleagues with whom I have worked! Her warmth and dedication to students and colleagues is inspiring and made for a dynamic and empowering work culture. She is willing to ask the difficult questions necessary for organizational and personal growth, she is constantly learning and is open and supportive to everyone she encounters. — Angela Miller McGraw, Higher Ed consultant
- Dr. Key is fantastic. She is very organized, efficient, and diligent. She put together a fantastic conference not for personal gain but because she truly wanted to help others learn and grow. I am so happy I had the opportunity to work with her, and I can’t wait to work with her in the future. –– Marcelius Braxton, Assistant Dean of Students
- Dr. Key is a visionary with a clear passion for a more equitable and inclusive society. It was a pleasure working with her during the “Strategies and Protection: Steps to Systemic Change in the Workplace” conference, which she organized seamlessly in June 2020 for professionals to discuss and enact change in their workplaces while understanding employment rights under Title VII. She was thorough, well-organized, and responsive, and pulled together an incredible group of speakers to lead the conference’s various sessions. –Darryl L. Jones II, Ph.D.
- Dr. Key helped us create new streamlined processes and organization. I really enjoyed working with her and appreciated the professionalism she brought to every project. –Rachel Smith, Italy Program Director (Global Experiences)
- I had the great pleasure of knowing Dr. Key for over 9 years while being at the University of Pittsburgh. We have worked on a number of projects together. Dr. Key is hard-working, dependable, and honest. She has excellent communication skills; in addition, she is extremely organized and experienced with higher education management. Dr. Key is a tremendous asset for any organization and she has my highest recommendation. –D. Felipe, MBA – Health IT Analyst
- I had the privilege of working with Dr. Key on programming and support for international students at a large, research institution. Dr. Key is a global leader with strengths in critical thinking, cultural competence, creativity, and attention to detail. Dr. Key is able to deliver high level and critical information in the most personal and professional manner. — Summer Rothrock, Director, Student Affairs (University of Pittsburgh)
- I had the pleasure of serving as Dr. Key’s mentor when she took part in the NAFSA Academy Program in 2014-2015. The intersectionality of Dr. Key’s work around diversity, equity, inclusion, and education abroad is deeply needed in the field of international education. Her expertise in this area, along with her excellent teamwork and communication skills, make her a great candidate for many positions within the field of international education. — Kate McCleary, Associate Director, Global Engagement Office